The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hanks custodian, Southerntruck, baldeagle, Woodcmiami, J Lucas), 70 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#844721 04/18/2012 5:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 397
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 397
I wonder if they got off the ground? Only $68,000 and made right here in South Carolina!

http://www.southernmotorcompany.com/


"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts"

David Wolff
1946 Chevy 1/2-ton
In the Gallery
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I don't think they ever did anything. At first GM would not provide a motor or running gear and give a warrantee with it. Then I heard they were going to use a FERD driveline. Then I heard "maybe" GM would do it. ALL I've said so far is hearsay.

......but I ain't going to pay $68 grand for one with no motor and tranny and that is not hearsay.
Read some of the stuff on the web site. Most is from around 2007. When I clicked on the "dealer" bar it said stay tuned for details or something like that.

Maybe they took someones money and ran?!!
Maybe someone else knows more?

Last edited by Achipmunk; 04/18/2012 6:24 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I'm with you Alvin.....68K plus another 15 - 20K for motor & trans installed ??. Shes a nice looking truck, but not worth that kind of $$$ !

Last edited by britcon; 04/19/2012 10:43 PM.

1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
Originally Posted by britcon
I'm with you Alvin.....68K plus another 15 - 20K for motor & trans installed ??. Shes a nice looking truck, but not worth that kind of $$$ !

Why pay that much for a old truck when you can resto mod it yourself for a whole lot cheaper. And when your finished you can be proud of something you did.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0