| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 | Hey Guys-
I'm finding that, in cleaning and painting the Blue Funk's frame, it is more efficacious to remove any parts that I can.
I've come to the parking brake cross shaft assembly. It appears, to me, that the end supprt clevises are pressed on to the shaft. I'm thinking that it may just be a good idea to leave the assembly together and clean and paint it assembled.
What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Davey, I don't remember mine being pressed on the 52panel. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy guys, if my memory is still working, there was a pinch bolt on the arms at the ends of the cross shaft which when tightened pinched the arms tightly on the cross shaft, if you loosened the bolts you should be able to remove the arms, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Dave,I just left mine in situ,thankfully there was no discernable wear in the bushes so I left well alone.
If it aint broke,don't fix it! 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 | if my memory is still working, there was a pinch bolt on the arms at the ends of the cross shaft which when tightened pinched the arms tightly on the cross shaft, if you loosened the bolts you should be able to remove the arms, hope that helps. Why yes it does, 3B and thank you very much for that information. Jockbolter: Part of the fun of working on a truck that a.) was totalled and b.)I made a profit on is that c.)I now get to fix what's not broken! | | |
| |
| |