| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,445 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 | Yeah, I removed the unit last year...got a new one from Altretta...I forgot how it mounts on the frame because, yep, I didn't take pictures...it is clear which line connects to each port on the hydrovac but I think I misplaced a mounting piece, or two. could someone direct me to a "mounted on frame" image of the unit? No luck in the archives and the manual just shows the unit off the frame...Please, I promise not to remove anything again without pictures...duh...thanks in advance guys and gals... Motoswiz...
P.s. This is all I lack from getting the truck on the road, just finishing the brakes, and I have all the parts here in the shop!!! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | If you scroll down to the bottom here, you can see what mine came with. It just appears to be a piece of angle iron dolled up that bolts to the frame. I don't know what they came with from the factory. Jeff | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 253 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 253 | Mine has a U shaped angle iron bracket in the front fastened in the manor shown in rustednuts link and an additional piece of strap iron bent in an L and fastend to the back of the HV and then to the frame. The back L bracket just stabilizes the unit a little more so it does not flex on the front bracket alone, it's the front bracket that carries the weight.
If need be I can crawl under the truck tomorrow and shoot a few pix of it mounted in place
1945 Chevrolet G 506 1.5 Ton Military 4X4 1967 Jeep Cj5 with 283 SBC
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 | Sleeve,
If you can shoot the extra pix, I thank you...
Rustednuts, thank you for the pic as well...
I figured it just needs to be mounted and secure but wanted to make sure and try to put it back as it came off...I know I removed a mount that I have misplaced in the shop...some things don't fit into used coffee cans for keeping in order...
Motoswiz | | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 253 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 253 | Grigg's mount picture is pretty much the same as mine.
1945 Chevrolet G 506 1.5 Ton Military 4X4 1967 Jeep Cj5 with 283 SBC
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 42 | Thanks Grigg...I got stuck at your picture site for awhile looking at all the pictures...interesting that some hydrovacs are mounting inside the frame and some are mounted outside, like mine... | | |
| |
| |