The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Gdads51), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,326
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#840743 04/03/2012 1:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Hey everyone,
names Ian. Im 25, married, have a two year old son. I work part time in insurance, will be going to school this fall to get my auto mechanic degree. My wife picked me up a 1966 Chevy c-10 fleetside longbed for fathers day last year, she has a 250 Inline six with "rebuild" at 76,500 miles with 87,000 on the odometer. This will be my first rebuild. I was raised around a gear head father, watched him hop up a 57 belair 2dr, 64 Impala and a 87 gmc. Still remember sitting in the engine bay handing him tools and holding the lights! I plan on keeping her pretty original except i plan on beefing up the inline. will be a fram up restore.. Anyways hope to get some good advise as well as input wether its positive or negative..

Cheers!

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9

Last edited by Knuckledragger; 04/03/2012 1:19 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Nice truck, Ian. Welcome to the site. I always like the sixes left in there where they belong. Very nice of your wife to get you a truck like that, maybe your young lad can hand you stuff when you work on it. Be sure to ask if you need any help. Good luck.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 115
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 115
Welcome to the site. Nice looking truck you have there. Plenty of help around here


Kenny Martin
Talladega, Ala

Second place is the first loser - Ricky Bobby

1956 Chevy 1/2 Ton
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Ian, welcome to the Stoveblot. I simply echo what the others have said. This is THE place to be for old Chevy iron.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Oh trust me its hard to keep him away from the truck, I think he likes working on it more than I do. Havent had real good access to my baby though lately. I had to move her 234 miles west to Beloit, KS on my father in-laws farm have her sittin under a barn, he mainly helps hold my parts tray and place bolts and parts in baggies for me. still waiting on my transmission jack, and 2ton omega engine crane i just ordered!!!! CANT WAIT@! Once i really get started with Old Blue i will post pics of the build!

Cheers

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I love the 66 Bolt! Have a blast with it! smile


(We are on our way up to Herington KS in a few weeks.... we will wave as we go past ya)

Welcome to the BOLT!


Cliff59



Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0