Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
112
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,380 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 18 | Does anyone know where to find & buy either Alcoa or Budd Polished Alum. wheels (6 holes front & rear)?
Also, I want to add power steering to the LCF. What & where would I find a P/S gear box for the old girl?
Warren L. Seiz Phoenix,AZ
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | You may be able to find some parts that you are looking for on the web-site:http://www://trucksofyesterday.com. I came across this web-site by accident,last night,when scrolling through "classic white trucks.com." They have over 2,000 classified ads posted,parts for sale,as well as parts wanted! a LOT of stovebolts,and parts,parts,parts! I may have a line on a Brown-Lipe 3-speed auxiliary trans. for my '55 2nd-Series 6500! There is a post on the site,where someone has a Stack of EARLY Alcoa 5-hole,(10-bolt),but they look to be 22.5's,not 20's. But you never know. He may have more aluminum wheels in-stock,that are not pictured. It may be worth a try. Hope this helps. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 18 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 18 | Thanks, I'll check this out. Warren
Warren L. Seiz Phoenix,AZ
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | A tubeless one piece wheels will be 22.5". The 20" wheels are all multi piece tube type. I've seen Alco's on TF trucks and they look good, but they proabaley cost more then the truck... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | 1 Size, I led you in the wrong direction..SORRY! Go to "Brad's Classic Trucks,Go to Links,then go to two lane memories. There, you get the same great stuff that we all get soooo much enjoyment and information from,except that it pertains to all vintage trucks (pre-1975),1-1/2-ton and bigger. Look under parts,trucks for sale,and/or wanted. Over 2,000 ads in this site. a lot of engines,transmissions, suspension and body/trim parts available for fellow Bolters! I just had a post on here(Stovebolt.com), a week ago, and the gentleman that I ordered my wheel cylinders from,(Marvin Ribbich),has a lot of ads on this site! By the way,I installed the brakes,and they work great! Thanks,Marv! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | I just picked up a set of alcoa 22.5 wheels for my 57 lcf. I had been looking since I bought my truck last summer. There are not a lot of them out there and they are not cheap. Alcoa was the only company to make an aluminum wheel for the 6 on 8.75 bolt pattern. They will be the 22.5 tubles type wheels. I do not have any pictures of them on the truck but here is a picture with them in the background leaning up against the wall in my garage. http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2540031890102329435voCTou
Last edited by buggy5872; 03/30/2012 7:44 PM.
| | |
| |