The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Gdads51), 141 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Finally getting around to posting in the Gallery !
My truck is a 1940 KC that has been " rodded ", with a 327 Chevy small block bored .060 over, roller rockers, cam, edelbrock intake and carb, ceramic coated headers, balanced, with hypereutetic pistons, etc., etc. Trans. is a TH 350 with a shift kit, and rear-end is from a '56 chev car - 3.42 gears and posi. Front end is a Mustang 2, with 9" Granada disc brakes, and a power rack. Rear brakes are drum. Wheels are Torquer 2 style - 17", with 275 rubber all around.
History: I purchased the truck in 2004 after looking for a number of years. It started its life on a Dairy Farm near San Francisco. Fellow I purchased it from bought it from the farmer in 1960, slid in a camper, and took the family camping thru Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado in the " stock " truck. He dropped in a 327 HiPo motor from a '66 Chevelle, added the 350 trans, and rear-end in the mid seventies, retired to Oregon in '94, and had the stock front end swapped out for the Mustang 2 setup. When I bought the truck it was in pretty sad shape. Motor was burning oil and knocking, filler in fenders was cracking, interior was shot. I thought I would just pretty it up with a new paint job and mechanical stuff...HA HA HA ! Spoke to a friend who owns a body shop. He convinced me that throwing a coat of paint over the problems was a waste of money - that I had something pretty unique, and should do it right. So, I tore her down to the bare frame, stripped the body to bare metal. Luckily, body was in decent shape with only a bit of rust on the cab corners front and rear. Front fenders were OK / rear fenders were beat to heck !. Had 1" filler everywhere, and bad rust. I ended up finding a set that were a little better and having body guy fix them. Motor was stripped and rebuilt, trans and rear-end got a going thru, sent cab & body parts out for painting. Box was shot - totally beat up, tail gate bent and rusted. Found a local sheetmetal shop that reproduced the bed sides and front panel, and bought a tailgate. Had an Upholstery Shop redo the existing seats and interior, put her all back together, and a mere 3.5 years later, and much more $$$ than I had ever imagined, we are back on the road.
It was worth every cent, and hour spent. We love the truck, hit as many shows as we can in the summer, have met some great people along the way.......
You can check out some pics at: http://community.webshots.com/user/britcon


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
She's a beaut' for sure! I love that shade of blue, too. Thanks for posting! thumbs_up

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 269
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 269
Mr. Bruce,
Your tuck is inspiring and you really don't see too many 40's running around. Great jog on the build and I like the history as well.

Bread


1939 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
"There and back -- repeat"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
C
cuz Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 25
one super sharp show truck .


floye mungle
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
....and it looks even better in person. I got to tell Bruce how nice back in June 2010. (say hello to Tammy for Victoria and I)


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Thanks guys....the credit goes to " Husker " who lit a fire under my butt to get the pics / story posted *g*
Alvin......everytime I see one of those cooking shows from down your way I think we have got to get back there one of these days *G*


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
Awesome truck Bruce, inspires us all.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
Hey Bruce, nice article on your truck, and like Alvin says, it looks even better in person. You didn't mention the chick-magnet aspect of the truck. Just kidding Tammy!


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
*L*....Tammy chases away anyone who gets within 5', especially the good looking ladies ! She assures me its only to keep those darn purses from scratching the paint...


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 139
it is definitely a sweeet ride. That's the only way to go, in the weeds asphalt scrape'in
rumbl'in hot rod. I never tire of drooling over your truck every time we see it.

nice to see it in the gallery, got to get off my butt and set up a web shot gallery for my trucks too.

cheers!

Mike


1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd
1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
1957 Oldsmobile 88 2dr hardtop
1959 B130 International one ton dually
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
Fabulous looking truck Bruce , and my favorite year too smile

Thanks for sharing.

Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 37
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 37
I just purchased a all original 1940 1/2 SB. Truck. It is going to be a tuff choice on the rebuild. Do I leave it original? Or install a small v8, front end..etc. your truck is gorgeous.

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 93
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 93
Very nice! Love the front end--


1947 GMC Truck 5 window, Long Bed
2008 Corvette Roadster
2008 Harley Davidson FXDL
2011 F150 Ecoboost 4X4
2015 Subaru Outback AWD
"only the strong survive"
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Thanks again for all the kind comments !

Keep on truckin !


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0