Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Hotrod Lincoln, CandoBrent, Forty9, TUTS 59, MikeStone1953, MickeyP, Guitplayer),
161
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Bought this truck on 2-15-12 for a whopping $1100. The guy was asking $5000 but after much negotiation the final price of $1100 was the deal maker. All original from front to back(except for the seat)but got hte original as well. I started tearing out the old wiring to get ready for the new modern wiring harness. I bought a used 8' flatbed that I'll be putting on it as well. The engine is tight & runs smooth. Brakes work great as well as everything else. All the glass will be changed out. The carburetor will be changed out with a rebuilt one I have on the shelf as the float bowl is over flowing. Other then that and a qiuck buffing she'll be ready for summer fun. Here ia a link to the pictures. Thanks for looking Rick Check out these Pictures . 
Last edited by Peggy M; 09/15/2023 6:24 PM. Reason: added more info to the title
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | That was/is an awesome deal! Congrats! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Good gosh Rick, you stole it!! You wouldn't happen to know where another one like that is, do you?? I'll have TWO  Nice deal, and it looks to have pretty good tires on it to. The Stovebolt Gods have definitely smiled on you! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Thanks gentlemen. Yeah the tires are in good shape too, but I will probably change the front ones out just to be safe.... I'll keepp you all posted on progress. As for any more good deals you never know what's around until you start digging......lol
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 433 | 1948 GMC 1 Ton Nice truck Rick...
1954 Chevy 3104 3 Window Hydra-Matic in my family for over 60 Years
Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right... "Scarlet Begonias" Grateful Dead 1974
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | So time for a little update(pictures to follow). I tore out all the old wiring including all switches & bulbs. I intsalled a new painless wiring harness & should finish that up this weekend. Also replaced the old gauges & speedometer with a new set of Dolphin gauges makes it so much better. Seat is at the Upohlster shop getting a new make over. I purchased a 9'x7'6" flatbed for $240 that needs nothing in great shape will mount it when I finish the wiring. I ordered all new glass & seals for the hole truck cab, should be here the first of next week. Well I guess that's it for now. I'll add pictures in the next day or so. Later Rick | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Oh yeah forgot to mention I pulled the running boards off bead blasted them then painted then black. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Added a few pictures today. Thanks Rick
www.flickr.com/photos/23561387@N05/sets/72157629091461324/
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Today I finished welding the exhaust pipe & installing it. Also install new muffler. Finished painting the inside of cab. I installed new glass in the door window channels, will in stall them tomorrow. I will also start putting the interior back together in the next few days. More to come....... | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | ..."it is what it is" and what it is, is that your gettin R done. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | ..."it is what it is" and what it is, is that your gettin R done. Slow & Steady..... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | I got the flatbed mounted on truck. Hooked up all the wiring for the lights. The last week I finished putting all of the interior back inside the cab. Also reinstalled the new wiring harness & got everthing connected & working. I also installed all the glass except for the windshield(this week task). Almost ready for the road, waiting on the seat to get back from the upholster shop.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Well today was the day I finished everything on the 1948 GMCtruck & took it for a drive. The only thing I would like to replace now is the front bumper & splash apron. It has been a busy last few weeks getting her done but I'm glad so Now I can drive her. I also now can focus on the 1953 chevyUntil next time......... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Well I took the 1948 for a drive to Heppner(20miles). Made it there but the carb was flooded was able to get it going again made it home & changed out the old barb with a new one I had on the shelve also change out the spark plugs, plug wires & cap/rotor. Runs much better now & didn't flooding out. Will be going to Heppner again today with it to make sure all the bugs are out of it before I make a longer trip..... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Yesturday I cut, stained & intstalled wood rails on the bed of '48. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Well as of today I have put a couple hundred miles on the truck. All seems good with the truck. Thinking of taking it to Pendleton for a car show on saturday. Keep you posted....
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Well since my last post Ive had a tire blow(self inflicting) & fuel pump sprung a leak. Found a tire replacement thanks to T-RUCK & hawgsteak for their donations. I have several extras just in case. As for the fuel pump I haven't fixed it yet but thinking I better get to it soon. Until next time... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Pulled the truck out of the barn this morning & gave her a bath from all that winter dirt. Getting her checked out for the St. Patricks parade in Heppner this month. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Change out the fuel pump this weekend. I had forgotten all about it when I parked it in the barn last fall....old age setting in. Well I think she is ready for a road trip or two
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | New mud flaps came in this last week. Time to get them on, todays task. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the rear lights on the bed quit working so I ran a ground wire from the bed to the frame & tada the lights are working great.... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Washed & waxed the truck today to get ready for the car show next week here in Ione. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Well sad news for me but good for another gentleman. I sold the truck. Just sat in the barn for a year so I decided it was time someone else enjoy the truck. Guess I'll have to look for another project.... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Well an update for you on this truck. I sold it to a fella in Hawaii. Took it up to the port of Seattle last Thursday to send her off to her new owner. Will miss seeing it around her but he will get more use out of her then I would off..... Sniff Sniff | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 290 | Sure miss this old truck. Kinds wish I would of kept it
Last edited by Slick69; 02/19/2019 9:05 PM.
| | |
| |