The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, DaveV, Southerntruck), 78 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,294
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#823040 02/05/2012 2:10 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
I am new to this site. I am from Montezuma Indiana. I recently purchased this truck. Most of the work has been started or completed. I am looking foward to finishing, and enjoying it. It has a 350 chevy turbo 400 mustang 2 frontend nova rearend. Still aloong way to go!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/scarylarry_bucket/40chevytruck.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/scarylarry_bucket/truck40.jpg

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522

welcome to the stovebolt. We're here to help so let us know what you need.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
Thanks for the welcome I am sure I will use the advice on here!.

Oh forgot to add that we already have one horse in the stable. It is 53 five window with a 355 and turbo 350. nova frontend and rearend. Still a work in progress.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/scarylarry_bucket/dadstruck.jpg

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
thumbs_up thumbs_up


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
neat looking '40 truck ... welcome to the bolt!

That blue beauty is gorgeous!

(PM sent)


Husker #829150 02/24/2012 12:09 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
Im so excited took the truck for its maiden drive around the block!! I have a short video but don't know how to post it! LOL
It runs really good tranny shifted ok. So now on to other Items. I have a small question. I am looking to get rear fenders. The one that are on it seem to small. Is there a vendor that sells steel ones? I know they will be pricey! Thanks

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 16

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Great to add another '40 to the board ! She sounds good !


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 65
Two outstanding trucks, welcome, what color is the 53? It is stunning.

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
update on truck. running and driving working out the bugs. Hope to paint this winter photo's


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
hope this worked 1940 1/2 ton


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Both links worked. The truck looks great!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/scarylarry_bucket/securedownload.jpg

truck is getting there!! Having fun driving it working out the bugs.


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Larry, looking might good there champ.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
Trying to figure out how to add to gallery?
It is a 40 Kc it has a 350 with turbo 350 tranny mustang 2 front nova rear I bought from friend in pieces and have it running and driving it.I am trying to decide what color to paint.


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
The Stovebolt staff will get you put into the gallery. Be patient with them. They have other jobs too, and do it when they get the time.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Authorized Pest
Authorized Pest
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,076
Working on it now. We've got two sets of two-fers for February 1-ish. Should get Larry and his Dad's '53 in before the end of the day. Fun story.

Peg


~ Peggy M
1949 Chevrolet 3804
"Charlie" - The Stovebolt Flagship
In the Gallery
"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." -- Winston Churchill
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
thank you so much ! I sent link to my father Ill let you know his reaction


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
Added pic of next project? What do you think? on photobucket

Last edited by larrygreg1; 03/02/2014 8:22 PM.

1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Always like the mid sixties style. I would consider one for my next project. At that price its hard to go wrong unless you find something lurking....doe is have a motor or tranny of any kind in it?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
ok wifes health my require me to sell truck what is it worth


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Geez Larry..........sorry to hear about your need to sell.
Maybe check E Bay, Auto Trader, etc. for an idea on pricing ?


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 24
we have decided to keep it...it is our therapy for now


1940 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix and video on Photobucket

Clyde's/Dad's 1953 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0