The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronsway, Nick in Manitou), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#828124 02/20/2012 4:15 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 63
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 63
I'm the new owner of the above and have no use for it; it's a little much for my '54 3100. It seems that people here a ditching these for upgrades so am I right to assume it's a boat anchor or do these things have value to some folks?
Thanks


'53 BelAir 261 3spd/OD 4dr
'54 3100 235 3spd
'79 C30 with a '51 235-'57Bellhousing-'67SM420-14bolt dually
'89 V3500 350/465/205 SRW CC
One Chevy just isn't enough.
DADS53 #828133 02/20/2012 4:35 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
I wish I were closer, I'd love one specifically because it has synchronized gears 2nd-4th. It was meant for heavy trucks to get the loads moving. Not so the case for the big trucks that have survived now. Check out this article in Novak Conversions.

Put an ad in the for sale or free section here. I'm sure somebody could use it.


1941 G506
More

1946 3800
Pic
More

1946 3600
Pic
More

1924 Ford Model T Fordor
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Put it on craigslist. If there are any rock crawlers or mud boggers around they will want it. It is too big and heavy to sell long distance.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
DADS53 #828269 02/21/2012 1:17 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 835
I think this is a very desirable transmission. A great upgrade for the 1/2 ton torque tube truck. Don't junk it.

Kurt

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I would love to get a better one for my truck, needs to be within driving distance.

Leo #828298 02/21/2012 2:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 63
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 63
Thanks guys,
Yup, I figured I'd CL it when I get some time to entertain interests. No way I'll scrap it, I'd rather it sit for years, somebody will want it sooner or later.


'53 BelAir 261 3spd/OD 4dr
'54 3100 235 3spd
'79 C30 with a '51 235-'57Bellhousing-'67SM420-14bolt dually
'89 V3500 350/465/205 SRW CC
One Chevy just isn't enough.
DADS53 #828318 02/21/2012 3:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
I Put one in my 48 1/2ton. Replacing the column 3 speed. I like it. I second you keeping it.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
I use the SM420 in my beast and love it. Even have a spare sitting in the garage.


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0