| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,431 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 63 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 63 | I'm the new owner of the above and have no use for it; it's a little much for my '54 3100. It seems that people here a ditching these for upgrades so am I right to assume it's a boat anchor or do these things have value to some folks? Thanks
'53 BelAir 261 3spd/OD 4dr '54 3100 235 3spd '79 C30 with a '51 235-'57Bellhousing-'67SM420-14bolt dually '89 V3500 350/465/205 SRW CC One Chevy just isn't enough.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | I wish I were closer, I'd love one specifically because it has synchronized gears 2nd-4th. It was meant for heavy trucks to get the loads moving. Not so the case for the big trucks that have survived now. Check out this article in Novak Conversions. Put an ad in the for sale or free section here. I'm sure somebody could use it. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | Put it on craigslist. If there are any rock crawlers or mud boggers around they will want it. It is too big and heavy to sell long distance. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 835 | I think this is a very desirable transmission. A great upgrade for the 1/2 ton torque tube truck. Don't junk it.
Kurt | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I would love to get a better one for my truck, needs to be within driving distance. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 63 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 63 | Thanks guys, Yup, I figured I'd CL it when I get some time to entertain interests. No way I'll scrap it, I'd rather it sit for years, somebody will want it sooner or later.
'53 BelAir 261 3spd/OD 4dr '54 3100 235 3spd '79 C30 with a '51 235-'57Bellhousing-'67SM420-14bolt dually '89 V3500 350/465/205 SRW CC One Chevy just isn't enough.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | I Put one in my 48 1/2ton. Replacing the column 3 speed. I like it. I second you keeping it.
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,841 | I use the SM420 in my beast and love it. Even have a spare sitting in the garage.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | |
| |
| |