The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Southerntruck, CandoBrent, 2-Ton, 59 fleet, MikeE), 127 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#827191 02/17/2012 5:59 PM
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Hello,

I'm new to this sight and looking for help. I just picked up what I believe to be a 1929 Chevy 1 1/2 ton. What should I be looking for to make sure it is a 1929? Also it looks like there could be dual wheels on the rear, yet there is only one on each side. Not sure what i'm going to do with the truck?

Thanks, Mike

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
Oh boy! I'd sure like to see some pictures of the truck!


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 78
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 78
Wow! What a great truck to contemplate. Good for you. Take some pictures and put them on PhotoBucket or another photo sharing site and let us take a look. You have
found a terrific resource here. We would love to hear the story of where and how you found a fine old American made gem like that. LevisPop PS If you need help posting photos let me know I would be happy to walk you through it.

Last edited by LevisPop; 02/17/2012 8:36 PM.

Milk the cows you have
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Not sure about the big bolts but wasn't '29 the year they went from 4's to the inline 6......????
I'd also take a look at some pictures in the Gallery.

...Welcome to the Stovebolt. I'm sure someone can help. Also any questions are answered better when ask in the more specific forums.
Sure would love to see some pics and please keep us posted.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Yes 1929 is the first year of the in line 6, 194ci. looking for help to post pictures.

Mike

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,223
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,223
hemiolds392,

Welcome wave

Load your pictures on a photo storage site like Flickr or PhotoBucket and give us the link to your site, it's that easy.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0