The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Southerntruck, papas52), 115 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,542
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
The pad on the rear mount for my 3-speed ('53 3100) appears shot and needs replaced but is held on with rivets. For those that have done this I assume you cut the rivets and replace with bolts?
http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/6243/Chevrolet_TRANSMISSION_MOUNT_REBUILD_KIT_PAD_BOLTS.html

This is my first truck with a 3-speed and I also assumed that the oil fill plug is on the passenger side about half way up. Then I read this in my manual in the universal joint assembly section: "Remove speedometer drive gear and fill housing with transmission lubricant".
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0452.htm

Which is correct?


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 169
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 169
Allan,

That $8.50 doesn't sound bad to save you the running around to find the right thickness of rubber. I just dropped by a rubber supply house here in Kansas City and found what I needed in the scrap bin. Probably not available in most areas.

As you will see in the pictures I sent you, I also made spacers for the bolt sleeves. Not sure how well it would work without supporting the sleeves from slipping side to side.

Don't forget to thin the bolt heads or they will hit the ball mount.

Paul


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0