The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (PAUL Berardi, Simso, Gray_Ghost, JW51), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,244
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#822177 02/02/2012 1:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Hi all,

1st post so sorry if this has been covered before. Did a search and came up empty.

The gas tank in my 65 must have a small leak and I need to either seal it or replace it. I'd prefer not getting a Chiwanese gas tank, but is there anyone making them in the good ole USA?

Just replaced the water pump about a month ago and even it was made overseas. Still bothers me having that on there.

Dan

Last edited by Dan Leis; 02/02/2012 1:26 PM.

Walter's 65 Shop Truck
1965 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Good luck. Maybe find a good used unit?


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
I wouldn't mind a used tank if I can find a really clean one. I don't want to go used and end up right where I am. Just thought if good reproductions are available made here, I'd go that route.

Dan


Walter's 65 Shop Truck
1965 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 116
If the leak isn't major , you might fix it with the gas tank sealer that several vendors sell .


" The heart of the wise inclines to the right , but the heart of the fool to the left " - Ecclesiastes 10:2
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Quote
If the leak isn't major , you might fix it with the gas tank sealer that several vendors sell .

I may end up doing that, I've had good luck with motorcycle tanks in the past. It is a small leak.

Dan


Walter's 65 Shop Truck
1965 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
You might try your local radiator repair shop. I've had a number of gas tanks fixed by them.


In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
I
New Guy
New Guy
I Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 13
Quote
You might try your local radiator repair shop. I've had a number of gas tanks fixed by them.

Now that's an idea I never thought of, I'll check and see if he's game.

Dan


Walter's 65 Shop Truck
1965 Chevy 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0