The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (fonz8261, Oswald), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,337
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
So I bought this spare tire bracket from a local guy here in Phoenix; he said it came off his '57 3100. I go to mock it up to the spare tire fender I have and the top portion is all wrong ( see photos ). The top mounting feet are not pointing Horizontally, they're pointing Vertically.
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/AZ59apacheguy/fef8c755.jpg
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/AZ59apacheguy/aa23f741.jpg
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/AZ59apacheguy/b0a21515.jpg
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/AZ59apacheguy/76201eab.jpg

I just won this one off ebay and I believe it is the correct one, judging by my research
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff441/AZ59apacheguy/c8fca386.jpg

The bracket in the first set of pictures looks to be a stock looking bracket, and I'm certainly not saying he scammed me, but what is this thing and what year/style truck does it belong to?????

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Had a bunch of people looking, no one?????

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
That looks a lot like the one that came on my 49.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
yes, the first one looks like the AD model

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by 1949chevrolettruck
That looks a lot like the one that came on my 49.
Originally Posted by red58
yes, the first one looks like the AD model

Bill

Hi, thanks for the replies. What is the year range on the first pic bracket. And I'm new to old Chevy's, what is the AD model.
Also, I'm going to have to sell this one to fund the other one I just bought ( second pic ). What do you think the value is on the first one??? Thanks for your time

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
AD = Advance Design, Chevy from 47.2 to 55.1 .... the 55.2-59 is the Task Force series

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
the first set of photos appear to possibly be the correct bracket which has been modified (top rods bent). The second one shown appears to be correct. I've recently been thru the process of finding that bracket for my 57 3100 and have found several here locally. Bracket for LWB is simiar, but different than the one for SWB--in which the rear rod penetrates the 'cut-out' fender and, the top rods mount to top of bed rail. Still looking for the fender!! delky


1957, 3100, v8
2016 gmc 4wd
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone have a pic? I'm finding it's impossible to find a picture of a bracket from either a longbed AD or TF?

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
There wasn't a long bed AD. This is a factory 3604 bed side carrier.

Sorry bout that, I forgot the link: http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/wheels_tires__brakes


Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Last edited by Denny Graham; 02/02/2012 12:56 AM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Try Stovebolt 'Tech Tips' under 'general body work'---second from bottom of list for some photos (and great post for fab'ing a bracket. It has several photos of TF, swb (3100) spare bracket.
delky,WY


1957, 3100, v8
2016 gmc 4wd
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 679
Click

Bill

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Thanks for the link. The more I look at my bracket, the more it looks like it's been modified; for what reason though? Like I stated earlier, it came off a '57 3100 ( truck had the spare cut out fender and all ), I saw the truck it came off, unfortunately I did not see it on the truck.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
maybe an AD bracket modified to fit the 57? I really doubt GM produced the angle iron pieces seen in your pics

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
The triangle piece the tire mounts on sure looks like the one off my 53.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by red58
maybe an AD bracket modified to fit the 57? I really doubt GM produced the angle iron pieces seen in your pics

Bill

I agree on the brackets, but they should work. And as far as mount, I just need to know what it is off of so I can sell it to someone who is in need of one. I also don't want to represent it wrong.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0