The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, cmayna, FAST55, tclederman, sron48, Hambone), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#820200 01/27/2012 1:58 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
Was wanting to know if anybody had used the lmc suspension parts on their trucks?Doin a frame off resto on my '60 and gonna rebuild the entire frontend.Never had any personal experiance with them and wanted to get feedback on quality and fit before I dumped a few hundred in parts.

Last edited by halfpint33; 01/27/2012 1:59 PM.

Current project . . . 1960 LB stepide Chevy
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
I used LMC for my frontend rebuild and didn't have any problems. If doing the ball joints...double check they have the same taper. Every company has sent wrong parts before. Are you just wanting to replace or are you upgrading the brakes as well? The comlpete brake kits are affordable and supply 90% of the parts to rebuild the front ends...minus idler arm and pitman arm, plus you upgrade the ball joints to the newer 74 style.


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
halfpint33.....before you overspend on parts and shipping I'd give the local guys a shot at the parts. While they may not have them on stock they can get them overnight most of the time and no shipping charges either. Be sure to look around. LMC is reasonable on lots of stuff and on some they are WAAAAY overpriced.... and don't forget, there are some vendors that give a stovebolt discount if you don't find the parts locally.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 98
Thanks fer the info jon1963 & Achipmunk.I had tried NAPA and O'Reileys awhile back and some things they could get and others they couldn't.I think I'm gonna keep the drum brakes.The thought on this is to be as close to stock as possible.Will do power brakes/steering though.


Current project . . . 1960 LB stepide Chevy

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0