The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Deegs53, CuzzFuzz, 52Carl, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#817173 01/17/2012 7:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 33
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 33
I am the new owner of a 1952 Chevy Carryall (Suburban). While I have experience with older 50's and 60's british bikes and working on them, older trucks are new to me. The truck is a little rough but a driver and is my only mode of transportation. I will be seeking advice/information that range from general 'how to' questions to services provided by those in my area. I am located in Northern New Jersey.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Drew. Be sure to check out the different forums, one just for panels and Suburbans. In the sidelot, there's also a new section for your region. Your truck must be mobile if it's your only mode of transport. Be sure to ask if you run stuck.

Leo

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 65
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 65
Welcome Drew, Central NJ here.


1951 Chevy 3100
"Project for my Wife" - Jigsaw Puzzle
1969 Camaro SS350 convertible
1969 Camaro 327 convertible
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Drew, welcome to the Bolt and the world of Suburbans and Panels!!
Let us know how we help. No such things as stupid questions here. Oh, and some pics when you can.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Drew,welcome from Scotland.
I would love a 'burb too,if I ever get my truck finished!
Like the gang say,there's all the info you will ever need,right here.
Have fun!
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
Hi and welcome aboard, we are here to help . These are some great people here and will jump in if needed.

Ken


1946 Chevrolet 2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the '46 on Photobucket

1954 Chev 1/2-ton
3 Farmalls
4 John Deeres
1 Oliver
1955 DeSoto Fireflite

I'm pullin for ya. We're all in this together -- Red Green

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0