The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (CuzzFuzz, 39Master85, Ponchogl, WICruiser, Otto Skorzeny), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,345
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#814637 01/09/2012 1:33 AM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
M
mo
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
new to stovebolt. rodding out a 51 chevy 3100. will have a clean and smooth boxed frame. mustand ii front end tci rear leaf with narrowed 9 inch ford posi with 370 gears. 350 4 bolt hopefully around 450hp and a 700r4. discs all around to stop. dont know which color yet but it will be shiny and deep with some minimal chrome. thinking a second series dash with some tricked out features such as vacuum doors over radio and dash knobs. just looking for a very clean show and drive truck. thinking it will take ten years to build but i think it will be worth it.


MO's 1951 chevy 3100 resto mod project
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome mo, quite a plan you have. I hope you can do most of it yourself. If you have any questions, just ask.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
just 15 minutes EVERYDAY will soon add up. It may take 10 years but I think you'll get it done before then. I spent "only" 5 years on each of my projects but probably should have taken 10 !!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
M
mo
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 229
thanks for the support. hopefully putting frame on a frame rack this weekend just to make sure everything is where it should be. noticed one front frame horn is off a little so that the next step. could probably straighten it out at home but its just easier on a rack. that way i can tie it down and jack or pull where needed. other than that were almost done smoothing and filling the 200 plus extra holes. then i can start the mockup of the frame.(ie the suspension, brakes,engine and trans) anybody ever ran brake lines inside a boxed frame? anyway later mo


MO's 1951 chevy 3100 resto mod project
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Mo,welcome from Scotland.
Sounds like you have a plan,10 years sounds a lot but then I realised i've got 7 in mine!

Re: The brake lines,I understand why you want to do it and I think it's do-able.
Personally I prefer to be able to see the condition of critical parts.Especially brake components.
I would forego form over function in this instance.JMO.

Just a heads up Mo,as not to incur the wrath of the Mods,we should keep these type of Q&A's to the relative forums.
See you around.
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
Hello from Indiana- good luck on your project-take it on as you feel like it so it'll stay a fun build

Ken


1946 Chevrolet 2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix of the '46 on Photobucket

1954 Chev 1/2-ton
3 Farmalls
4 John Deeres
1 Oliver
1955 DeSoto Fireflite

I'm pullin for ya. We're all in this together -- Red Green

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0