The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rusted Nut, 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140594 04/04/2004 5:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Does anybody know what year trucks would have the same kingpins and associated parts for a '48 1.5 ton? I've only seen aftermarket companies offer them up to a 1 ton. Our local truck shop only goes back to 1957. I know some parts are the same for a long time but I would like to make sure before tearing down my truck. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#140595 04/04/2004 6:56 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 9
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 9
Sold my '51 GMC 2 ton 15 months ago........had the front end rebuilt in '98. Got the king pins from NAPA; but they only had them in "Standard", not the +.010" over size..........hope the King Pin "eye" in your axle isn't too hogged out.....

I don't see why a machine shop can't MAKE the King Pins and the bushings. All the spec's are in the manual as far as dimensions go. Probably cost prohibitive though.
Everything on these "Big Dogs" is expensive.......get used to it wink

One and a half and 2 ton use the same axle.........no ball bearings either. They have a rare style called a "barrel" type; no longer manufactured. Timken does make a tapered bearing set for these trucks, I paid over $400 (in '98) for one set (one side, outer bearing).
If you don't have a NAPA near you, they are online..........
Try all the links to vendors listed on this site first.........if you have no luck there, try egge.com . They go back to 1917 and some even older. They make everything in-house, just email them and ask.

Sorry about the spelling folks.......I don't type! Just hunt 'n peck........
eek :rolleyes:

#140596 04/05/2004 7:49 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 188
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 188
You might want to ck with BIG truck suppliers in particuliar spring shops, drive line places etc. In KC for example there is Inland, Gooch Brake, Precision Bilt, Truck Pro etc. I don't know if they carry what you need, but it would be worthwhile to ck.

#140597 04/07/2004 3:49 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,068
Well isn't that interesting. Why doesn't the aftermarkets tell you this? "Brothers Truck", just to name one, lists them up to 1 ton. They sell a kit with pins, bushings, locks and caps for $60.00. I think I'll order some. Can't go wrong at that price even if they don't fit.
Thanks for the info,
Scott


Scott Ward

2 1948 1.5-ton Loadmasters
The red one and The snow pusher
1 1950 3100
1 1955.1 Chevy 6500
1 1954 Chevy 6500 2-Ton
1 1955 1st Series COE 5700
1 1963 K20 (454)
1 1964 C10 (350)
1 1951 1.5-ton Dump Truck
1953 and a 1956 Ford F800

Raising a teenager is like trying to nail Jello to a tree!
#140598 04/09/2004 2:57 AM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 587
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 587
I have two sets, at least one is orig GM box. I can get the numbers off them and someone may know what they are for. I had a 50 one-ton and not for them at least. It was an odd one. Seems like these are sized about like other fella here mentioned. 5-3/8" or so and seems like 15/16" or 1" is all, but I could check on that. INterested? I will sell each set for $35. I paid more off net, but I have no old trucks now and sold off most of my parts I collected. I can get info, numbers and send a pix if you wish.


G.L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750


MM R tractor, Speedex
and Power King tractors
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
well I got parts for my one ton from Garry Automative in EEdmonton Alberta if Garry has not got it in stock he will get some as I get Parts for my 51 faster than you can get them for new trucks and his prices are good his number 1 780 433 1525

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Sundown,

Thanks for the info. Did you know you responded to an 8 year old thread...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0