| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (TS3600, 55shaker),
86
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,467 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 | I'm thinking about dumping my Roch B for the 2 barrel Tom has on his site. What has anyones experience been with this carb. It will be going on a stock 55' 235. Thanks
1949 Chevy 3600 1975 W-25 Hurst Olds 1970 GMC 1/2 ton Fleetside 2010 Chevy Silverado
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 20 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 20 | Good setup, I have been using them for 3 years. Runs smooth and good power. Pat
pf
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 487 | There's one down side to the use of the H/W carbs. If you're a tinkerer, your fun will be limited. There's the choke to hook up, then the fuel line and throttle linkage to fabricate. And, of course, an air cleaner to fit. But then you're done. It's just going to sit there and work. No leaks, no bog or hesitation to sort out. No periodic readjustment. You'll have to find some other part of the truck to be frustrated at. <grin>
regards, Leon | | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 | Works great,good mileage improvement over the old rodchester. However I found that I didn't seem to have as much low end power as with the old carb. Otherwise I like it.
Tommy 59 apache 1/2t 261 short stepside | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | I'm running a pair on my 261 and they are great. Tom helped me with swapping to larger jets now she runs strong. I got Tom's air cleaner and adapter. | | |
| |
| |