The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Naturalthud, Deegs53, CuzzFuzz, 1 invisible), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 301
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 301
I'm thinking about dumping my Roch B for the 2 barrel Tom has on his site. What has anyones experience been with this carb. It will be going on a stock 55' 235. Thanks


1949 Chevy 3600
1975 W-25 Hurst Olds
1970 GMC 1/2 ton Fleetside
2010 Chevy Silverado
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 20
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 20
Good setup, I have been using them for 3 years. Runs smooth and good power.
Pat


pf
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
There's one down side to the use of the H/W carbs. If you're a tinkerer, your fun will be limited. There's the choke to hook up, then the fuel line and throttle linkage to fabricate. And, of course, an air cleaner to fit. But then you're done. It's just going to sit there and work. No leaks, no bog or hesitation to sort out. No periodic readjustment. You'll have to find some other part of the truck to be frustrated at. <grin>

regards,
Leon

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
Works great,good mileage improvement over the old rodchester. However I found that I didn't seem to have as much low end power as with the old carb. Otherwise I like it.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
I'm running a pair on my 261 and they are great. Tom helped me with swapping to larger jets now she runs strong. I got Tom's air cleaner and adapter.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0