| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,558 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 | I was finally able to upload my video of my 1946 2 ton driving out of our garage. The video has been hard to watch my father right on the screen passed Dec 3rd unexpectedly about a month after this video was taken and with the internet speed here it took forever to load. In the background you can hear how much confidence my mother had in my mechanical ability. http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/akguy34/?action=view¤t=LeavingtheGarage.mp4-Josh (Akguy34) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | Talk about mixed emotions, very sorry for your loss but the truck sounds good. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 | yea it hasn't been a very happy holiday time.
I currently have a fuel sending unit and fuel pump on the way and I finished painting and coating my fuel tank so I can get rid of the gas can in the passenger side window. Shipping to Alaska is ridicules, I bought a sending unit and a fuel pump for $90-$100 and shipping cost $50 | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | Thanks for sharing the video. Just got mine running 2 days ago. I like the jerrycan in the window. Mine resides on the running board. Before today it was a soup can suspended by chicken wire on the radiator support rod. Only lasted about 4 minutes. Hope things turn around for the better for you. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 | I tried on the running board but I didn't have enough pressure to get the thing primed. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 581 | I should clarify, the soup can was gravity fed. Today I hooked up a new fuel pump and pressure is good. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 96 | well I understand that, my pump was epoxied together so I could drive it out. I have a new one in the mail | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 66 | It's hard to deal with a loss, I lost my dad 4 years ago and my mom this past year. I have a 35 1 1/2 ton and have been working on it for two years and I wish my dad could have worked on it with me because the truck was his brothers and he used it to haul wood for the house when he was a youngen I can't wait to see mine roll out like yours looks good | | |
| |
| |