The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,539
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#812624 01/03/2012 12:40 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
I was finally able to upload my video of my 1946 2 ton driving out of our garage. The video has been hard to watch my father right on the screen passed Dec 3rd unexpectedly about a month after this video was taken and with the internet speed here it took forever to load. In the background you can hear how much confidence my mother had in my mechanical ability.

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/akguy34/?action=view&current=LeavingtheGarage.mp4

-Josh (Akguy34)

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Talk about mixed emotions, very sorry for your loss but the truck sounds good.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
yea it hasn't been a very happy holiday time.

I currently have a fuel sending unit and fuel pump on the way and I finished painting and coating my fuel tank so I can get rid of the gas can in the passenger side window. Shipping to Alaska is ridicules, I bought a sending unit and a fuel pump for $90-$100 and shipping cost $50

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
Thanks for sharing the video. Just got mine running 2 days ago. I like the jerrycan in the window. Mine resides on the running board. Before today it was a soup can suspended by chicken wire on the radiator support rod. Only lasted about 4 minutes. Hope things turn around for the better for you.


1941 G506
More

1946 3800
Pic
More

1946 3600
Pic
More

1924 Ford Model T Fordor
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
I tried on the running board but I didn't have enough pressure to get the thing primed.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 581
I should clarify, the soup can was gravity fed. Today I hooked up a new fuel pump and pressure is good.


1941 G506
More

1946 3800
Pic
More

1946 3600
Pic
More

1924 Ford Model T Fordor
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 96
well I understand that, my pump was epoxied together so I could drive it out. I have a new one in the mail

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 66
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 66
It's hard to deal with a loss, I lost my dad 4 years ago and my mom this past year. I have a 35 1 1/2 ton and have been working on it for two years and I wish my dad could have worked on it with me because the truck was his brothers and he used it to haul wood for the house when he was a youngen I can't wait to see mine roll out like yours looks good


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0