The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Mike'sPlace, carbking, 1 invisible), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,286
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81252 08/08/2007 7:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Has anyone changed thier C-W progressive 2bbl from electric choke to manual? If so can you offer up the manner in which you did it?
Thanks.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
2
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
2 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 324
Call Tom Langdon I think he sells a kit for that. 1-586-739-9601

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
I don't think so. He is the guy who sold me these darn things to begin with.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 14
I did that to a holley/weber from langdon with a kit I got from a local auto supply. About $12-15
I have the kit # at home if you need it. You only need to fab a bracket. I used a bracket from my old rochester to hold the choke cable. Works fine. I don't know if the carter weber has the same choke mechanism but it is worth going to Schucks or autozone.

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,181
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,181
moneypit, is there something wrong with those carbs? You don't sound too happy with them.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,317
I was wondering the same thing.....I'm running the C/W's on my 235.....they are absolutely great and the electric chokes do their job for about 2 minutes and then are out of the picture.
However, I knocked one of the power feed wires off the back carb and the engine ran "rougher than 3 nights in a Georgia jail". Plugged it back in and she's good to go! Hate to hear you're having a problem as I have encouraged several to go that way.

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
I have previously posted my unhappiness with these carbs. Yeah, they look great and sometimes even work OK but I would NOT do the twin carb setup again for a farm in Virginia. I may even get rid of them completely and go with the 4bbl unit. I don't need all these hassles.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0