The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Robert Crandall, J Lucas, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#810355 12/26/2011 3:43 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 73
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 73
Hello all,

I am having trouble with the alignment of the driver side door on my 54 truck. The door is tight at the top and gaps at the bottom. I have loosened the hinges at the cab, but there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the doors on and out. What am I missing? What is the technique for aligning the door?

Thanks
Ed

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
sorry I can't help you but I believe there is a tech tip in the tech section about adjusting AD doors. If not, someone will be along when they finish the turkey and dressing. Hang tight.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 73
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 73
Thanks! Already checked the tech section - the tips there apply to 47-51 doors.

Happy holidays
Ed


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0