| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 38 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 38 | I took these pics at our local car show a couple of years ago thought you might like to see them. The owner is local, he stretched the cab, tilt front, late model TBI small block with power steering,brakes,tilt, and even A/C. Uses it all the time AS A DUMP TRUCK !! For me, THIS is thinking outside the box. http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/sampamandfam/Big%20Truck/
In such a khonstant state of khaos I dont know what project to work on first.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | Looks like a lot of work went into that thing. And it was tastefully done. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Unless he has strengthened the frame or changed it to a later model heavy duty chassis it is in for serious problems IF he uses it to haul all the gravel that dump body will carry full. Likey about 8+ yds. The AD's were originally built with about 16,000 GVW or a few heavier, perhaps 18,000. Gravel weighs 3500+lbs/yd so a lot of weight on that old girl. I hope he only hauls feathers of light stuff. It looks great. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I agree with Dave but I'm thinking, surely a guy that did this much work has surely considered the frame. It is tastefully done and I must admit I like it. | | |
| |
| |