| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Barry Martak),
117
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,381 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 91 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 91 | I have a 1949 Chevy P/U how do I tell if it a early or late model. It doesn't have a plate on the door sill. I do have the numbers off of the engine How can I tell when it was built
Thanks
Bennie | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | It's hard to tell unless your title shows a number. I bought mine in MO. and the title had the ID number on it. With the number you can check and see where and when it was manufactured. You can't be certain with the motor number as the it might be a replacement of the original. I'm not sure the motor number would ID the truck anyway.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 91 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 91 | The numbers stamped on the engine block in back of the distributor is GBA325874. in front of the distributor on the block is GM 48 with a circle around it below that is 385253 below that is 20. These numbers are not stamped in the block but look to be cast in the block
Thanks
Bennie | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | Wasn't this when the glove box changed too?(metal trim ring at opening) Or was that between '49 and '50. Or am I crazy? | | |
| |
| |