The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
I am replacing the brake lines, master cylinder, wheel cylinders, springs and shoes on my 1951 3100.
One of the rear brass blocks that the banjo bolt goes in to is stripped. It looks like I can run a new brake line straight from the junction block to the rear right cylinder and exclude the brass block.

Does anyone know what purpose those blocks serve? Is it OK to eliminate them without sacrificing brake efficiency and safety?

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
I don't think so Larry. Those wheel cylinders aren’t machined to take a pipe fitting or
inverted flare if that was what you were thinking. Taint like the new ones you know!
The banjo’s are available at a bunch of places from most of the vendors catalogs and your
local auto parts might have them or be able to get them for you the next day.
Also don’t try to reuse the copper gaskets, use new ones or you’ll end up with a leak.
DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 39
Thank you both for the advice. I found a brass block on-line and will replace it as the original was.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0