The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Youngin' Tut 59), 143 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#788347 10/13/2011 1:12 AM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Made the road trip to pick up the 57 10500 pumper over the weekend. The truck was from Fossil Oregon with 15,000 miles on the 322 buick V8 and a 750 GPM Waterous pump. Already cruised around town a little bit. Should be an easy restoration with no rust. Ah the fun.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2959149430101465522AqWRKq

Last edited by tri5trucking; 10/13/2011 1:13 AM.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
tri5,

Nice truck...I see it has the big 10 lug wheels, what's the GVW? Does it have Air Brakes? What rear do your have? How fast will it run?

The Hallmark Keepsake "Fire Brigade" Christmas ornament this year (2011) is my 1957 Chevy 10500. My truck had 11K miles when I got it in 2002...it now has 31k.

A fire truck will bring you more attention then you ever thought possible...have fun!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Sweeeet!


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Mike,
I haven't had much time to play with it but I can tell you it doesn't have air brakes, it's rated at 26K on the plate. Don't know the rear end specs, haven't taken it over 30mph until I change out the rear bias plys. I found a few of your truck ornaments and plan to get some more. I know what you mean about the fire trucks. I'm driving a 2007 Pierce 100' tower at work (Truck 2). The beauty of it is the 57 has the same federal siren as the tower. I think this one will clean up nice. It needs paint and I've already started outfitting it. Lots of brass. Too bad 1 of the booster reels was missing. Probably tough to find one with the same design.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
I have two matching booster reels on a 1957 Chevy parts truck. The PO kept the cab to put on a late model chassis, I got the rolling chassis with the American fire service body. To bad we're on opposite ends of the world...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
That's for sure. I do like the thrill of the hunt for parts. Someday I hope to get it a fraction as nice as yours.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 195
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 195
It is a pretty truck! I have gotten nozzles etc. for my truck on e-bay.


Red meat is not bad for you.........Fuzzy green meat is bad for you!

"What happens in the garage stays in the garage!"

1958 Chevy Spartan 100 firetruck in the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
Tri5,

I think I have a pair of reels like that as well, also from an American Body. St. Louis is closer than MD, but still a heck of a long way. Send me a personal Message if you want to get details - I've got a buddy who ships all the time, gets half-decent rates usually.

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That is a pretty nice looking truck. I would be curious to know what the body on the back would weigh.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
I'll send a PM on the boosters. I don't believe the body would end up weighing that much if you didn't factor the pump and water tank in. I'm wondering if there is a standard fire engine red color for the older trucks? The new red is quite a bit brighter.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
Wow that is a nice find!!! What is the GVW on that one with the big pattern ten lug axles? Oh and how wide are the springs?


The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
I'd have to look at the springs. The truck is rated for 26K. I'd like to swap over to 22.5" wheels. I have done this with my 6500 trucks with the big 6 lug Budd and Accurides. I am assuming the 10 lug are more common.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 305
anyone have a pair of 4 in steamer caps i need a set for my 65 gmc .it has a general body


ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to,
Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
AND A MARINE
trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,276
Originally Posted by tri5trucking
Made the road trip to pick up the 57 10500 pumper over the weekend. The truck was from Fossil Oregon with 15,000 miles on the 322 buick V8 and a 750 GPM Waterous pump. Already cruised around town a little bit. Should be an easy restoration with no rust. Ah the fun.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2959149430101465522AqWRKq

Yes those wheels are 10 on 11 1/4" bolt circle they are what modern class 8 trucks use. It would be realy pretty with a set of polished aluminum wheels


The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.
Grant from Roy, Washington
1956 6100 Chevy Dump Truck in the Gallery
1964 GMC Drump Truck in the Gallery
user
http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/56Taskforce/slideshow/

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0