Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck, 5cameo8, TUTS 59, Youngin' Tut 59, Gray_Ghost),
93
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,599 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | Made the road trip to pick up the 57 10500 pumper over the weekend. The truck was from Fossil Oregon with 15,000 miles on the 322 buick V8 and a 750 GPM Waterous pump. Already cruised around town a little bit. Should be an easy restoration with no rust. Ah the fun. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2959149430101465522AqWRKq
Last edited by tri5trucking; 10/13/2011 1:13 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | tri5, Nice truck...I see it has the big 10 lug wheels, what's the GVW? Does it have Air Brakes? What rear do your have? How fast will it run? The Hallmark Keepsake "Fire Brigade" Christmas ornament this year (2011) is my 1957 Chevy 10500. My truck had 11K miles when I got it in 2002...it now has 31k. A fire truck will bring you more attention then you ever thought possible...have fun! Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | Mike, I haven't had much time to play with it but I can tell you it doesn't have air brakes, it's rated at 26K on the plate. Don't know the rear end specs, haven't taken it over 30mph until I change out the rear bias plys. I found a few of your truck ornaments and plan to get some more. I know what you mean about the fire trucks. I'm driving a 2007 Pierce 100' tower at work (Truck 2). The beauty of it is the 57 has the same federal siren as the tower. I think this one will clean up nice. It needs paint and I've already started outfitting it. Lots of brass. Too bad 1 of the booster reels was missing. Probably tough to find one with the same design. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | I have two matching booster reels on a 1957 Chevy parts truck. The PO kept the cab to put on a late model chassis, I got the rolling chassis with the American fire service body. To bad we're on opposite ends of the world... Mike B  | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | That's for sure. I do like the thrill of the hunt for parts. Someday I hope to get it a fraction as nice as yours. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 195 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 195 | It is a pretty truck! I have gotten nozzles etc. for my truck on e-bay.
Red meat is not bad for you.........Fuzzy green meat is bad for you!
"What happens in the garage stays in the garage!"
1958 Chevy Spartan 100 firetruck in the Gallery
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 | Tri5,
I think I have a pair of reels like that as well, also from an American Body. St. Louis is closer than MD, but still a heck of a long way. Send me a personal Message if you want to get details - I've got a buddy who ships all the time, gets half-decent rates usually.
-Michael | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | That is a pretty nice looking truck. I would be curious to know what the body on the back would weigh.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | I'll send a PM on the boosters. I don't believe the body would end up weighing that much if you didn't factor the pump and water tank in. I'm wondering if there is a standard fire engine red color for the older trucks? The new red is quite a bit brighter. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Wow that is a nice find!!! What is the GVW on that one with the big pattern ten lug axles? Oh and how wide are the springs? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | I'd have to look at the springs. The truck is rated for 26K. I'd like to swap over to 22.5" wheels. I have done this with my 6500 trucks with the big 6 lug Budd and Accurides. I am assuming the 10 lug are more common. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 305 | anyone have a pair of 4 in steamer caps i need a set for my 65 gmc .it has a general body
ya I know a few rednecks.Thay all drive chevys to, Proud member of the Old Dominion Stovebolt Society AND A MARINE trucks range from 1942 1/2 ton to 1965 fire engine
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Made the road trip to pick up the 57 10500 pumper over the weekend. The truck was from Fossil Oregon with 15,000 miles on the 322 buick V8 and a 750 GPM Waterous pump. Already cruised around town a little bit. Should be an easy restoration with no rust. Ah the fun. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2959149430101465522AqWRKqYes those wheels are 10 on 11 1/4" bolt circle they are what modern class 8 trucks use. It would be realy pretty with a set of polished aluminum wheels | | |
| |