| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (TUTS 59, WICruiser, 1955 1 Series, Gray_Ghost, Phak1, 3B, Otto Skorzeny),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,552 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#78830 06/15/2007 4:32 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 | I've collected links for 55-59 goodies for many years. I recall that one online catalog indicated they sold the pipes for headers for 235 powered trucks. Now that I'm getting closer to wanting to source them I can't remember who had them. Seems it is something that could be mass produced for a standard truck.
Anybody run into them before or am I dreaming? It was not one of the "big" outfits selling them.
Thanks,
Keith | | |
#78831 06/15/2007 6:04 PM | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | I went through this process a couple of years ago for my AD truck. I couldn't find anyone who made the headpipes for duals. Chev's of the 40's has stock pipes and mufflers though. | | |
#78832 06/15/2007 6:44 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 | Hey Waldo
It's just in my mind that I saw them somewhere.. Already asked Clifford..it's not them..I need to start diggin up all my old literature ..it's out there somewhere...
Have a good weekend..
Keith | | |
#78833 06/15/2007 10:04 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Try our old friend Patrick Dykes. He has stainless steel exhaust systems made up for AD models. That may not be what you want but he is a tremendous source of information about such things. And everyone there is always happy to help out. | | |
#78834 06/15/2007 11:45 PM | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 147 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 147 | There was a company called Viper that made headers for Chevy sixes, I don't know if they are still in business or not because I did a quick search and didn't come up with any website for them. They specialized in headers for domestic sixes and many import 4's and 6's. I used to buy their headers back in the 70's and 80's, and they built a first class product in regular steel or stainless. Bob
55 Cameo 396 TH 400 with overdrive 65 Caliente conv 67 BB Caliente conv 67 Mercury 1 Ton 76 GMC 3/4 ton 454ci 84 Buick Turbo Regal
| | |
#78835 06/18/2007 6:13 PM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 | Langdon's used to sell them,don't think they do anymore though.
Tommy 59 apache 1/2t 261 short stepside | | |
#78836 06/19/2007 9:36 AM | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 399 | Check this out:
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/5863,393_216and235and261-Chevy-6-Headers.html
Frank | | |
#78837 06/19/2007 2:24 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 | Thanks, 53-BigBlock-Stovebold-I'll check your suggestions out further
Tommy-I looked at Langdons page the day I posted this. I did not see the pipes available but it did look like the kind of sight I remember seeing them on..Maybe I'll drop them a line..
Thanks,
Keith | | |
| |
| |