The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (1946chevytruck, Gdads51, 55shaker, Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, 3800GUY, tclederman), 97 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,604
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
I've collected links for 55-59 goodies for many years. I recall that one online catalog indicated they sold the pipes for headers for 235 powered trucks. Now that I'm getting closer to wanting to source them I can't remember who had them. Seems it is something that could be mass produced for a standard truck.

Anybody run into them before or am I dreaming?
It was not one of the "big" outfits selling them.

Thanks,

Keith

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,464
I went through this process a couple of years ago for my AD truck. I couldn't find anyone who made the headpipes for duals. Chev's of the 40's has stock pipes and mufflers though.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Hey Waldo

It's just in my mind that I saw them somewhere..
Already asked Clifford..it's not them..I need to start diggin up all my old literature ..it's out there somewhere...

Have a good weekend..

Keith

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Try our old friend Patrick Dykes. He has stainless steel exhaust systems made up for AD models. That may not be what you want but he is a tremendous source of information about such things. And everyone there is always happy to help out.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 147
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 147
There was a company called Viper that made headers for Chevy sixes, I don't know if they are still in business or not because I did a quick search and didn't come up with any website for them. They specialized in headers for domestic sixes and many import 4's and 6's. I used to buy their headers back in the 70's and 80's, and they built a first class product in regular steel or stainless.
Bob


55 Cameo 396 TH 400 with overdrive
65 Caliente conv
67 BB Caliente conv
67 Mercury 1 Ton
76 GMC 3/4 ton 454ci
84 Buick Turbo Regal
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
Langdon's used to sell them,don't think they do anymore though.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 399
Check this out:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/5863,393_216and235and261-Chevy-6-Headers.html

Frank

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 615
Thanks, 53-BigBlock-Stovebold-I'll check your suggestions out further

Tommy-I looked at Langdons page the day I posted this. I did not see the pipes available but it did look like the kind of sight I remember seeing them on..Maybe I'll drop them a line..

Thanks,

Keith


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0