The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, 3B, Jon G, Gdads51, NJC, 2 invisible), 104 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,369
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
I am in the process of swaping chevy stock front brakes to Nissan disk brakes. I understand that to do so I need to remove the shafts as to have them machined to fit nissan´s bearings diameters.
The question is how to get those shafts loose?. Do I need special tools, method ? or the like?


Chevy'51
GMC '54
GMC '56
GMC '59
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
Lazyduck,,,
I believe this is what you are looking for
http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/kingpins.htm


There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 26
Thank you Mechainiac. I have reviewed the tech tip. It is clear enough. It refers to replace something after the removal. I believe the kingpin damaged when extracted. Is there a place to purchase them or drawing to have them made locally?.


Chevy'51
GMC '54
GMC '56
GMC '59
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,897
Have you checked out the links pages here on the Stovebolt?
-
http://www.stovebolt.com/links/parts.htm


There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0