The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Donf, Shade Baby, Jon G, Bill Hanlon, rfs56trk, Hotrod Lincoln), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,208
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#785220 10/01/2011 6:45 AM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
Way better than I ever thought it would be.The wood is in good condition cuase it was stored inside garage ..except under the cab some rotted there. Any special things I need to know about removing the body from the frame? Will have to be done to replace some wood underneath the cab. And Body guy said he'll make a steel JIG to move body around for easy working...will have to keep wiring harness in tack to replace it. Anything else I should be aware of for removel of body? thanks.

Last edited by mtvoices; 10/01/2011 6:46 AM.

1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1941 Chevy Woodie with Cantrell body
1936 Low Cab Chevy Pickup
1941 Spec Deluxe Chevy Coupe.
1953 Pontiac Catalina hardtop
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Pictured, pictures, pictures, we all love pictures here. Don't know much about the earlier suburbans hang tight I'm sure someone will chime in for you soon. Congrats on your new purchase and I'm looking forward to updates and photos.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Good that it's better than expected, usually it's the other way around. Be sure to label everything you take off, especially the small stuff or you will have a pile left over with no clue what it is.

Leo #785259 10/01/2011 3:35 PM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
Yeah, you can't have to many ziplock bags and sharpie markers in the shop!

Can't wait to see pictures.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I can see the smile from S.C. Glad its in better shape. Man, that is going to be THE ride in town before long! I'm jealous!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Way to go, Bruce!! I'm so glad that it has arrived safe and sound! Ditto, on the pictures, pictures, pictures. smile

I'm excited for you. I passed a '39ish Panel today with a great big sign on it "NOT for sale". LOL

You will have everybody jealous, probably already do. grin

Last edited by Husker; 10/02/2011 8:25 PM. Reason: correction, it was a panel not a 'burb
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
Well thanks for the well wishes..cleaned it all up today took out the old beat springs..saved and taged..found a few little goodies down amoung the mice nests and acorns shells...(Found a part of a sunvisor, with chrom end to go on pass side..gotta find another one.. poured some marvel M Oil into those old spark plug holes. Took a few pics...will post them soon. Anyone with Suburban spare part?(oh yeah right ) ha! Tailgate and upper window clam door will take some rebuilding with wood...but it;s pretty tight...B


1936 Chevy Suburban Carryall
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1941 Chevy Woodie with Cantrell body
1936 Low Cab Chevy Pickup
1941 Spec Deluxe Chevy Coupe.
1953 Pontiac Catalina hardtop
More pix on Flickr
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 52
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 52
Removing the body is like moving a house - you will need to support it well under all the body mounts or you risk tearing it apart at the cowl and windshield pillar attachment points at the roof.

There are a lot of joints in the wood that were glued and often the glue is long failed and the joints are held together with a single bolt that allows quite a bit of rotation / flex.

Take it slow and easy - and if that motor doesn't free up - I have it's replacement sitting right here ready to go!


Life's short - don't waste it.
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
Would that engine be a 207? When did the change to the 216 happen?


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I believe they went to the 216 in 1937 but someone else can verify.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Alvin is correct about the 216 being introduced in 1937. I think that all three of the first generation stove bolt engines might have been available in 1936: 181, 194, and 207 .

Have you gone to the GM Heritage site for Vehicle Information Kits? The 207 ci (206.8) engine is shown in the 1936 specifications manual.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 9
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 9
Where in Idaho are you? It would be cool to see it.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0