The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gray_Ghost, 55shaker, Lugnutz, F100Ranger, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 89 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 27
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 27
Just a quick, easy to answer question for the experts in here. . . but I haven't been driving my truck hardly at all in the past three years, but have been for the last week or so. The problem I encountered is that there seems to be a substantial difference between power the truck previously had, and what I am getting now.

The engine and RPM behave normally, but the best way I can describe it is that there seems to be 'slip' between the engine and drivetrain. There aren't any appreciable noises to accommodate this issue, but when I lay on the gas, the RPM increases normally, but there is barely a response.

As far as the specs are concerned, it's a 350 pulled from a nova ss, 4-barrel carb, new-ish 3- speed tranny, conversion kit.

My gut feeling is that the loss is either with the clutch or transmission somewhere, but I'm really hoping for a more intelligent diagnosis than I can come up with. . . Thanks in advance for the help.


Appreciate what you have, work for what you don't
~~~~~~
My \'65 C10 350
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
If your rpm's are going up without the car "moving out" then I'd say the clutch/pressure plate. Generally you can hear the engine "rev" without a doubt.

Park some place its safe and put on the parking brake and try to take off. Listen for the engine to rev and you not going anywhere.
If its the clutch it may be as simple as adjusting it some?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0