The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (mick53), 202 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,288
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 26
D
DR
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 26
To start with I want to thank all the individuals that have given tips during my re-build process. I have been working on this for over 25 years. Here are a few stats on my truck.
This truck was purchased fro the original owner, Pat Nixon, he purchased the truck just weeks after the bombing at Pearl Harbor. He owned and worked a farm in Northern Maine. The vehicle was built and purchased in Canada. It is a model 1434 with 134 1/2 inch wheel base. When I purchased it in 1984 it was stored in a barn, it hadn't been moved for a very long time. After working on it for a few hours mu brother and I got it running and began the trip home. That took over 4 hours to travel 100 miles. After doing some minor maintenance I used the truck to haul materials to build my second house. Then for the next 25 years I just kept taking things apart and re-working them. The truck was off the road for over 20 years while I was in the military. Now I hope to enjoy it along with my retirement. According to the information that I have gathered the truck is a 1941, seems to have some wheels that weren't original. The owner really couldn't remember just where he got them, seems the originals were worn out.

DR
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc461/bioeng/?start=all

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/11/2025 1:16 AM.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
thumbs_up She's a beauty!


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Online: Content
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
You got 'er looking good! Welcome to The Bolt!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
Nice truck


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
Very nice! Welcome aboard, DR.


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 37
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 37
sweet!! I like the color combination and the flatbed woodworking

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
That's a great looking truck! Welcome to the bolt!


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0