The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Ponchogl, treegrower), 73 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,508
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#772390 08/17/2011 2:32 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Hey guys. My name is Blake Stitcher. I am from Washington, Ga. I have been working on my 1953 GMC 100 1/2 ton for the past couple of years. I started out using this website and found out how much information is here! I performed what many would call an S10 swap and used a 1996 Chevy S10 frame and a 4.3L V6 from the truck as well to power my old steel tank. I have not kept a running thread so I will just let the pictures I took tell you the story.

I bought this truck when I was 21. I offered the owner $500 when I was 18 and he said no. I went back when I was 21 and offered him $300 and he readily agreed....go figure. The truck was my great grandfather’s truck. He used it back in the 50's and used it for a really long time before he handed it down to my grandfather. He ended up selling it in the 80's to a man that was a family friend and it sat in his field ever since. Thirty years later, i got my hands on it. My grandfather told me I was wasting my time restoring it. I think he was sad to see it redone, but i told him one day I promised he would ride in it again....to that he jokingly said “make it before I die!” So, I did! After I got it into primer i took him and my grandmother both for a ride in it. He smiled the entire time and told me how proud of it he was. For someone who didn’t want me to start the project, he sure was happy I was finished with it! Enjoy the pictures guys!

Snapfish Photos

Last edited by 53GMC; 08/17/2011 5:02 PM.

"If it can't be fixed with a hammer and duct tape, God doesn't want you to have it"
1953 GMC Truck
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 575
Sounds like a great story - would love to see the photos, but with "Snapfish" you have to be a member to see them... frown

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
PHOTO BUCKET LINK BELOW

Last edited by 53GMC; 08/23/2011 5:26 PM.

"If it can't be fixed with a hammer and duct tape, God doesn't want you to have it"
1953 GMC Truck
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
OK GUYS....HERE IS A LINK TO PHOTOBUCKET!!

ENJOY!!! 53GMC PHOTO BUCKET


"If it can't be fixed with a hammer and duct tape, God doesn't want you to have it"
1953 GMC Truck
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Looking good....because of good work. Thanks for the pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks Achipmunk for looking! It has been a wonderful two years working on it but now it seems all worth the hard work!


"If it can't be fixed with a hammer and duct tape, God doesn't want you to have it"
1953 GMC Truck
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Looking good! Congratulations on preserving a piece of family history!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0