The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (2-Ton, Tim Canfield, Hotrod Lincoln, 52Carl, 1 invisible), 67 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,309
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
I am installing a new 4 barrel and intake manifold. Got everything on but the carb linkage goes the oppisite way of the old carb. Can I just drill a hole in the top of the linkage so it will pull it or is there a better way? My truck is a 65 with the 283 v8.

thanks Brett

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
The Edelbrock Performer carb is a pull to open throttle.
My stock linkage worked fine on my 69, IIRC.
I guess I don't understand why you have a problem.
got pix?

regards,
Leon

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
Got it figured out Leon, thank you for answering. I was trying to connect the linkage to the bottom and it needs to go to the top of the linkage. I will have to drill out the hole at the top, it just fit so nice in the bottom hole.

Brett


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0