The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gray_Ghost, DadsFirstPickup, 53 green 1- ton), 51 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,713
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770377 08/10/2011 8:51 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 51
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 51
I was looking on Craigslist last weekend for some building materials and stumbled across a rather benign posting for a yard sale. It listed a few odds and ends and mentioned a 1964 chevy pickup, and that was it.

On a whim I drove out to where the yard sale was, looked around at the stuff laying on the driveway for sale and glanced around looking for the "chevy truck"

The owners 10 year old son asked me, "hey mister do you wanna buy an old truck?" and I replied, well maybe, what kind of an old truck.

The kid took me in the back yard and there it was: An almost 100% original 1964 C10 shortbed stepside. It was parked 7 or 8 years ago and was awaiting it's owners decision to keep it or sell it.

The original owner is an 89 year old gentleman that purchased the truck brand new in Arizona and eventually gave it to his son who is the one I bought it from. It has 115,000 miles and the motor was rebuilt at 100K miles.

I asked what he wanted to get for it and was kicking the tires and looking it over when someone else started asking questions and I knew right then I had to buy it or lose it. I forked over the $3000. asking price, called a tow truck and took it home.

I haven't touched it yet, don't even know if it runs. There is a straight 6 with a 3 speed on the column shift. The body is 100% straight, never been wrecked, not even a dent. It was repainted and it will be repainted again.

I am not a mechanic so expect a lot of new guy questions while I undertake the transformation from dreamer to doer and start this project.

I hope that in a year or less it will be a daily driver and I might even take it on the Route 66 Fun Run next year.

http://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af62/ScottAz2/

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Looks like you kicked that front tire a little too hard. grin Congrats!


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 337
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 337
Sounds like a once in a lifetime deal. That is a very clean truck, and a cool story. Good luck and have fun with it. And welcome to the forum.


1960 GMC 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck
In the Gallery
Updates in the DITY Gallery
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Nice looking truck and good luck with it.


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0