The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Phak1, dt235sd), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,483
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Hi. I am a new to the forum, just bought a '59 Apache and I have a question. I would like to replace the front axle, leaf spring assy on my truck. I have the opportunity to buy a complete drum to drum front axle assy off of a '57 truck. Is this front axle assembly compatible with my '59 Apache truck. The reason why I want to swap these out is because the previous owners did a complete hack job in trying to lower the front. They flipped the axle and also removed what looks like one of the leaf springs from each side. The axle assembly I ant to buy is complete and it would bring the front up to stock height. Thanks for your time

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
welcome to the garage guy, have a look around here and you'll learn a lot about your truck - the 55-2nd to 59 axles are the same .... if you don't have manuals, you'll find the 55.2 shop manual and the 59 supplement here

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
Thanks for the response squeeze. I bought that front axle/leaf spring assembly today, thanks for your advice.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 36
R
rue Offline
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by AZ59apacheguy
Thanks for the response squeeze. I bought that front axle/leaf spring assembly today, thanks for your advice.

I'd check the parts on the new one before installing. Check the kingpins, brakes, springs. Easier to fix it off the truck.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 257
[/quote]I'd check the parts on the new one before installing. Check the kingpins, brakes, springs. Easier to fix it off the truck. [/quote]

Hi, thanks for the advice. Everything looks good on the replacement and it's already been swapped out.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0