The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MNSmith, Peggy M, wilbur53, 5 Window 9434), 108 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,465
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
This is my 63 Chevy. Im the 3rd owner, with the truck originally starting in PA, then being sold to the 2nd owner in Raleigh NC, then to my happy home. The truck has 76,000 original miles on the original drivetrain. I have a built 427 Big block chevy that will go in to the truck in the fall (hopefully) w/a rebuilt mc1 3 speed muncie. My goal is to leave it on the coloumn. I plan to keep the truck stock except for the drivetrain. I have found alot of the missing parts or broken parts to get the truck into the current condition. I am no mechanic, but I learn on the fly and have done everything to the truck to date myself. The truck has the original 230 inline 6, 3speed saginaw and 12 bolt truck rearend on coil springs. Had a tough time trying to figure out how to post pics, but I will get more pics soon.

http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10

Last edited by jon1963; 07/28/2011 9:06 PM.

http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 114
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 114
Awesome !


Your wife called & said
"buy whatever you want"!
-
1961 Chevy Apache 10 Restoration Photo Album
-
in the Gallery ...
My 1961 Chevy Custom Apache 10 SWB
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Thanks, its a work in progress like most of them. Im doing a resto-mod, want a stock appearance, just more cubic inches. Love the pics of your 61 Apache, I've always loved those early hoods even though most people think they are hideous. Just can't beat the early 60's designs

Last edited by jon1963; 07/29/2011 2:45 PM.

http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
Nice truck there, Jon! Looks like a good straight body. Good luck with the engine work - sounds like a plan.... smile

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Not bad for an east coast truck, ive found a couple in the local junk yards, but in real rough condition. The rain and salt are terrible around here. My truck is a daily driver though. Was parked in a field when I got it and have restored it to where it is now. Disc brakes will go on the front in a few yeeks, and new shocks and springs. Im converting the clutch to a hydraulic clutch like they had in 62, although it will have its own master cylinder. The brakes will be non power disc/drum, which I got from CPP. The cam Im putting in the 427 has a choppy idle, so I didn't want vacuum to be an issue.


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Hey HUSKER, I have an instrument cluster if your truck still needs one.

Last edited by jon1963; 07/29/2011 7:55 PM.

http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jon, you claim your not a mechanic but your sure doing one nice job on the 63. Now, just drive it on up to S.C. smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Haha, thanks for the boost of encouragement. I found all the literature I could on the 60-66 and that was a big help. This is the 2nd 63 Ive had in 15 years, and I grew up in a 63, so I was already pretty familiar with the body style. Most of it isn't that hard, and the guys on this site are awesome with my retorical questions. Trial and error have happened more than once, but she'll get there in the long run.


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
I have loaded some new pics. Any other Carolina bolters out there?


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Have loaded more new pics. Still haven't gotten the truck posted in the Gallery yet (hint hint moderator). Truck continues to be my daily driver. The disc brake conversion will be done 1st week in April, big block goes in in the fall and hydraulic cluth conversion to follow.


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Have uploaded more pics


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Thanks for the update,Jon. Thats some nice work your doing it also proves what a few minutes each day will do over the long haul.
There are several bolters around the Raliegh,Charlotte, Greensboro area if you can get them together. You might want to check the post in the Side Lot where the Southern Bolters have several post...and I also had a list of who came to the reunion and their location.
Hope you continue to have sucess with your project. Lookin good.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0