| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 90 | Which gasket set should I use if I am going to be using a 216 intake and exhaust on my 235 motor? I already have the adapter rings/sleeves for the intake I am just not sure if I should get a set of 235 gaskets or 216 gaskets.
Thanks, Charlie | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | I could be wrong, but I think they are cut the same even though there is an intake port size difference. But,I would opt for a 235 set though to play it safe.
Last edited by DrewP; 07/21/2011 5:40 PM.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Why are you using a 216 I/E manifold set on a 235? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 90 | Why are you using a 216 I/E manifold set on a 235? Because I don't want to deal with the exhaust issue with the 235 setup and I want to use the horn mount that the 216 has. I eventually want to put fenton exhaust and a different intake but this will get me back on the road. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I used the 235 gasket on my 235 with 216 manifold.
I didn't use any sleeves
If you need the gasket for the heat riser (between intake/exhaust)you will need the 216 gasket.
Good luck | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 90 | so the sleeves were not necessary? Oh well, thanks for the info!!
Charlie | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I would use the sleeves and the 216 gaskets. You can use 235 gaskets but you need to be careful to line them up with the ports exactly, or you could have leaks do to there larger openings.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | so the sleeves were not necessary? I don't know if they are necessary. When I removed the manifold it didn't have any rings So I put it back together with out them. Later I found out here in the forum that step-down rings are available. Also learned here that pre 54 235 manifolds will have the bracket for the horn If I had the step down rings I would of used them Good luck | | |
| |
| |