| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (LAJones48, Barry Martak, Otto Skorzeny, Waveski, Shaffer's1950, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible),
110
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 29 | Hello, anyone have any ideas where I can get new rear drums for my 1949 half ton? LMC Truck only sells them for 1951 and newer. Not sure what the difference is but I guess they wont work. Thanks in advance, Dave | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | The 50 on back 1/2 ton trucks Had Huck brakes. 51 up used Bendix brakes. The huck brakes are a pain in the rectem to service & parts are harder to get for them. I can check some catalogs tomorrow & see if drums are available. Did you check with Jim Carters. He has a lot of parts for the huck brakes. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I am pretty sure that you can get those drums. I bought some from JC and they were for a 38 and i think they go all the way to your year of truck. Mine were made in Argentina. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 29 | Jim Carter did have the drums, about 100 each. Thanks, I never heard of that site. Don't want to spend that much but I have to get them if I need them. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 29 | Sounds like a good deal, how much is the discount code for? I will try and make my donation the same as my savings. Thanks for all your help! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | | | |
| |
| |