The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (TUTS 59, Phak1, WICruiser), 122 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,445
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#762735 07/15/2011 3:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
Hello, anyone have any ideas where I can get new rear drums for my 1949 half ton? LMC Truck only sells them for 1951 and newer. Not sure what the difference is but I guess they wont work. Thanks in advance, Dave

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
The 50 on back 1/2 ton trucks Had Huck brakes. 51 up used Bendix brakes. The huck brakes are a pain in the rectem to service & parts are harder to get for them. I can check some catalogs tomorrow & see if drums are available. Did you check with Jim Carters. He has a lot of parts for the huck brakes.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I am pretty sure that you can get those drums. I bought some from JC and they were for a 38 and i think they go all the way to your year of truck. Mine were made in Argentina.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
Jim Carter did have the drums, about 100 each. Thanks, I never heard of that site. Don't want to spend that much but I have to get them if I need them. Thanks!

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Send a donation to this site and Peggy will email you the discount code.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...21b08198d7f14ce3f1c1eb3b719ca749cb816560


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 29
Sounds like a good deal, how much is the discount code for? I will try and make my donation the same as my savings. Thanks for all your help!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
10% discount.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0