The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Robert Crandall, Bill Hanlon, TGP), 150 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#760410 07/07/2011 4:10 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
'51 216
I have the original fan. A new water pump was donated. The heads of the rivets that hold the blades together hold the fan maybe 1/8" away from the face of the pump pulley. I can't remember if this gap was present with the original pump. I turned in the original pump for the core. I thought I had compared the two to make sure they were the same.
So, the question is, should there be a gap, or should the diameter of the pump fit inside the fan rivets?


Dave
www.fallenherosdreamride.org
all give some
MY SON GAVE ALL

The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216
In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Original pulleys have a recess to clear each rivet.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I had this same problem. My original also had a stamped pulley that was held on by the bolts and my replacement had a one piece cast pulley. I had to grind little divets where the fan rivets touch. You don't want the fan just resting on the rivets but on the flat face.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 144
Thanks. I didn't think it should be resting on the rivets. Didn't think about just ginding little divets. The rivets hit right on the edge, so it should be pretty simple.


Dave
www.fallenherosdreamride.org
all give some
MY SON GAVE ALL

The fallen hero's dream ride is a 1951 Chevrolet 3100 with original 216
In memory of LCpl Phillip Vinnedge USMC KIA 10/13/2010 Afghanistan

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0