The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, NJC, Robert Crandall, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,492
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
Hey everybody! I just stumbled into this place while researching some future projects for my 1950 1/2 ton. It's got all the problems, challenges, and charms of a pickup that old. I bought it in 1992 while in high school to be my daily driver and ran it for 8 years until the fiber cam gear on the 235 sheared some teeth while running down the interstate. What a racket that crankshaft made whacking away at at the cam shaft once it stopped turning! I'm just getting it running again and was amazed at how it just fired right up after a carb rebuild, new cam gear, and an oil change. They made them tough back then but you already knew that or you wouldn't be here. I hope to add to the conversation when possible and glean as much knowledge as I can. Thanks for having such a great place on the web.


Sort of stock 1950 Chevrolet 3100
235 (The engine shread) (Engine assembly)- 4 speed - 12 bolt - stock front axle with power disc brakes
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Welcome onboard! It is amazing how tough these old trucks were made. We look forward to hearing more from you and maybe we will get to see some photos!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome Ringleader, It sounds like you have a lot of stories to tell already. I can see you will fit right in here. Glad to see you got your truck back on the road after major problems. thumbs_up

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the shop Ringleader. Best site on the www.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
Welcome Ringleader, I had that same problem happen on my way to Hot August Nights a while back. I-80 and Sunrise av.
Hope you replaced the fiber gear with an aluminum gear.
Marty

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 117
I80 and Sunrise is my neck of the woods. The gear was replaced with an aluminum one, hope it goes another 50 years!


Sort of stock 1950 Chevrolet 3100
235 (The engine shread) (Engine assembly)- 4 speed - 12 bolt - stock front axle with power disc brakes
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Welcome Ringleader from a fellow 'Left coast' '50 owner.
The left coast of the UK that is........

Like the guys say,it's the best Chevy site on the web.

Lots of great info and a good bunch of folks to hang out with.

What more could a truck nut wish for?

Good luck.

Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 164
Welcome to the bolt ringleader.
You will find that there is a welth od=f info here on this site.
Chris


Proud Southern Stovebolter
Share the past for our future:)
1964 C10
http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv153/chrisgardner07/CGG_64C10/

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0