The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, Shade Baby, Gray_Ghost, JW51, ronsway), 164 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,271
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#754093 06/13/2011 12:22 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 88
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 88
This might be a really stupid question, but i just installed a power brake conversion on my 59 3800, the master is now about 9" past where the old round hole in the floor is for filling the old master cylinder, here's the question, how do you fill and check the fluid in the master now that its under the floor right under the truck seat?? I thought about cutting the floor and making a little trap door but it's right in the rised part of the floor that the seat mounts on, and even if i did it would be under the seat, has anybody come up with an answer to this little problem?? I'm sure i'm not the only person that has studied this

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I have NOT done it but have "read somewhere" that you can mount a "fill tank" somewhere like on the firewall, or elsewhere, with a line going down to it. I think you have to make your own fill cap some way....... or perhaps there is a current vehilce out there that has what you may be looking for.

Good luck and I hope this gets you to thinking.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
When I install one in my truck, the way I will check and fill it is simply take a handy mirror and go under the truck. Use a squirt bottle or a harborfreight oil gun to fill it. Its not like you have to check and fill one every day or month. Do it when you crawl under the truck to grease it.


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 224
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 224
Here is a video of installing a master cylinder booster with a reservoir. This is part 3 of 3.



Dave Baird
1951 Chevy 3803

Foot starters are for Stovebolters and people who need a kick in the ...

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0