| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
179
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,660 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 384 | I changed oil in my 4 speed.
Also changed engine oil and therefor I don't know how much oil to put in the gearbox.
I also have the Spicer PTO, it was also drained of oil.
So wonder, is it just a matter of pouring in as much as possible until it is in level with the filling hole?
I read in the owners manual 6 1/4 pint plus 1 pint for a PTO.
I lost track of the bootles even though they were only 4, thought I had poured in 3. So in total I have filled in 4 liters. So I guess I should remove 0.5 liter, or 1 pint. Is it that important ?
/Ulf My Chevy Viking 1959Ulf Hedlund. Eskilstuna. Sweden [email protected]Also: Ford Galaxie 4 dr 1959 Ford Custom 4 dr 1964 Ford Mustang GT 2005
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | So wonder, is it just a matter of pouring in as much as possible until it is in level with the filling hole? thats what i do. afterwards i run the pto and add more if needed. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Actually if you can put your pinkie finger thru the hole and touch the oil you are OK. It will expand somewhat as it gets hot and wil run out if you remove the plug to check it. Running it a tad low will not hurt it. | | |
| |
| |