| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,425 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 | I have looked all over trying to find the rubber to go under the SS strip on the center of the windshield. I can find it in "kits" with the strip, but I only need the rubber.... Ideas on where to get some?? I'm also looking for rear fender braces if anybody has any.... Thanks! Monica
Monica
Be the change you want to see!
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | what year? make? model? Assuming you are talking about a 47 -54 AD it is part of the rest of the windshield rubber. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 | Sorry  It's a 52 AD - When I put the center strip on, there is a gap between the rubber and the strip. I've seen "kits" that sell the SS strip and rubber piece to go with it, but I just need the rubber piece to place between the windshield rubber and the SS-strip.
Monica
Be the change you want to see!
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 |
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 | Thanks, I'll try them 
Monica
Be the change you want to see!
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | The center rubber strip is, as mentioned previously, part of the entire rubber gasket.
The space you are referring to is probably where the outer steel bracket that goes between the SS strip and the rubber. On the inside, there is another steel strip the whole works is a "sandwiched" affair that draws the SS trip in when the proper ling screws are tightened.
Hope this helps mike | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 27 | Ok... I've got the steel bracket on the inside but not on the outside.... that must be where I screwed up  I knew something "had" to go there, I just thought it was another rubber pc. I didn't have a complete truck to start with so it's been kind of though trying to figure some of this out...LOL Thanks for your help!
Monica
Be the change you want to see!
| | |
| |
| |