The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, 1955 1 Series, 55shaker, Wally / Montana), 119 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,448
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
I have looked all over trying to find the rubber to go under the SS strip on the center of the windshield. I can find it in "kits" with the strip, but I only need the rubber.... Ideas on where to get some??
I'm also looking for rear fender braces if anybody has any....
Thanks! Monica


Monica

Be the change you want to see!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
what year? make? model? Assuming you are talking about a 47 -54 AD it is part of the rest of the windshield rubber.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
Sorry frown It's a 52 AD - When I put the center strip on, there is a gap between the rubber and the strip. I've seen "kits" that sell the SS strip and rubber piece to go with it, but I just need the rubber piece to place between the windshield rubber and the SS-strip.


Monica

Be the change you want to see!
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks, I'll try them smile


Monica

Be the change you want to see!
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
The center rubber strip is, as mentioned previously, part of the entire rubber gasket.

The space you are referring to is probably where the outer steel bracket that goes
between the SS strip and the rubber. On the inside, there is another steel strip
the whole works is a "sandwiched" affair that draws the SS trip in when the proper
ling screws are tightened.

Hope this helps
mike

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 27
Ok... I've got the steel bracket on the inside but not on the outside.... that must be where I screwed up frown I knew something "had" to go there, I just thought it was another rubber pc. I didn't have a complete truck to start with so it's been kind of though trying to figure some of this out...LOL
Thanks for your help!


Monica

Be the change you want to see!

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0