The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, TUTS 59, 55shaker, MikeStone1953, Wally / Montana), 138 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
TURN ON THE darn GAS BEFORE YOU ARC ONTO YOUR PATCH PANEL !!!!!!

Nuff said?


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
That's funny JB! Bet you don't forget that lesson eh???


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Y
'Bolter
'Bolter
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Splatter spray won't prevent that? LOL

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,362
Always do a pratice on a piece of scrap before attempting to do it on the truck. Unless you are sure of yourself.
I always, leave the wire tensioner off the wheel and pull the trigger to fill the hose to nozzle, when I first turn on the welder and gas.


Kicking self for selling off my Taskforce trucks.
Still looking for an LCF or conventional big bolt in decent shape.


As of 10-26-2022, A 55.2 Taskforce long bed now the work begins
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
When I turn off the gas, I also disconnect the ground clamp on the work. That way I can't strike an arc if I forget to turn on the gas.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I hang my helmet off the gas reg. when I shut the gas off ,than when I get ready to weld I grab the helmet off the reg. and turn the gas on.That way I don't forget to turn it on or off.Getting older is a trip!!


Pete

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Y
yar Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 843
Jim Bow, what happens with mig and no gas? I have only oxy-acetylene, stick and tig. With tig it turns the tungsten yellow and makes a nasty mess in aluminum and stainless if there is no gas.


Ray
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 554
My experience when I have run out is a lot more splatter and an ugly weld.
Chuck

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
Lots of splat, and i burnt a hole.

I like the reminder methods. Thanks


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0